Misconception Of Money

I hate when people say money does not grow on trees.  It is simply a tactic to keep you grounded in fear. Fear that there is a shortage of money. In reality, we Americans are surrounded by money. There is an abundance of money within these great states that we live in.

Flax plant

Flax plant

The truth is that, while money does not grow from trees, it does in fact grow from other types of plants. The American currency is manufactured by a combination of flax plant and Gossypium Herbaceum plants.

Flax plant is used to produce a material we know as linen. This linen makes up 25% of the printed bills we use to purchase items with. The other 75% grows around the seed of a type of Gossypium flower. You’ll recognize this as cotton. 

Gossypium Herbaceum

Gossypium Herbaceum

It costs a whopping 4 cents to print a single bill. Not to mention, that over $600 million worth of United States currency is printed every single day. That’s a whole lot of money!

The idea of scarcity in money is purely fabricated. It’s just hard to obtain sometimes. 

Rarely is anyone ever handing out money. To receive some of this money we must dedicate our time, mental, and physical efforts to a certain activity. But more importunely, we have to change our way of thinking.

There are plenty of stories about people all over the world who refused to embrace poverty and went on to live a life of abundance and success. In my last article, I mentioned Booker T. Washington. Mr. Washington was known as a great educator, a brilliant author, and an advisor to the presidents of the United States. Before Booker T. Washington became those things, he was first…. a slave. J.K. Rowling was clinically depressed, daydreamed of suicide, and lived on government welfare. Today she has sold more than 450 million copies of her books. 7 of her 11 books were produced into films. And there is a theme park solely based on her story about a boy wizard and his friends. 

These are just two examples of how important it is to revise your way of thinking. No, money may not grow from trees, but it does grow. And as long as we exist, there will always be plenty of it. 

I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy to finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one area where I truly belonged. I was set free, because my greatest fear had been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter, and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
— J.K. Rowling